This is a super delicious meal that only takes 30 mins to throw together and can feed a family of five.
- 300g White Fish (I use frozen Basa Fillets)
- 300g Shelled Prawns
- 300g Potato (Approx 2 x med sized)
- 200g Sweet Potato (Approx 1 small)
- 2 cups of Cauliflower (Cut small)
- 1 Cup Broccoli (Cut Small)
- 1 Large Onion diced small
- 2 Spring Onions finely chopped
- 20g Low Fat Butter or Canola or Sunflower Butter
- 20g White Plain Flour
- 300ml Full Fat Milk (Mix in 100mls cold water)
- ½ cup Boiled Long Grain White or Brown Rice
- Peel and cut two medium white potatoes and one small sweet potato into 1cm cubes.
- Place in a pot with 2 cups of cauliflower and 1 cup of broccoli cut small. Boil for 7-10 minutes so that the pieces are cooked but still firm.
- Melt 20g of low fat butter on a low heat. Sift in the flour and quickly mix to a paste. Start adding the milk/water and gradually mix into the paste until all the milk and water are combined. Add about 75mls at a time and only add more once the lumps are evened out. Using a wok with rounded sides and a curved wooden spoon is best
- Cut one med size brown onion into small pieces and add to the sauce.
- Add ½ tsp salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in the white fish ( cut into 3cm cubes) and the shelled prawns.
- Drain the boiled veges and add to the sauce. Cook through until the fish flesh turns from pinky white to white. Approx 15 minutes.
- Stir in two stems of finely cut spring onions. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Place 1/5th of the mix on top of ½ cup boiled long grain white or brown rice.
“If you liked this post – Like it, Tweet it or share the love with the share buttons below. Thanks!”